Panzergrenadier

No harm in posting him up here now, as this little guy is currently getting whipped in the first knockout stage of the Steve Dean painting competition, somewhat ironically, by a handful of other Germans from the eastern front. Personally, I think he's being a bit hard done by but I guess i'm being a bit biased!

He was an experiment for the Italian camo trousers really. I was really happy with the flesh tones and overall paintjob. Still, we'll have another go next time, if anything gets finished up this month.

Comments

James said…
I like him! I have about 40 slightly large Chiltern Germans to paint for my skirmish force which was supposed to be finished by Christmas.
Dinium said…
Enjoyed painting him. Can get a bit boring painting lots of drab colours. I can mix it up by moving to my Napoleonics for some colour though.

How many Chilterns have you finished? I have finished only 6 of these Jerrys over the last 6 months. I am one of the worlds slowest painters..!
James said…
I have 20 British actually finished, based and varnished and 10 Germans about 75% done....I find the field grey is difficult to get right but I am probably being too fussy. A lot of people criticise the Chiltern range as being too big (with some justification, they are about 35mm tall) but I team them up with 1/48 vehicles and they look just right. There are a few pics of the Brits on my blog way back.

Popular Posts