Dutch Belgian OOB

Like I did with my Prussians in an earlier post, I have visualised my Dutch Belgian 'Brigade' for the Waterloo campaign. Its semi factual (though some battalions are missing (5th and 7th Militia)) with cavalry attached. I need to buy some more Jagers and the dragoons to complete the force, and will do so from the Perrys as soon as the recession and other outside forces allow!

I keep swinging from project to project, chipping away, and now it seems it's their turn again. This is the only way I can keep focussed, it flies in the face of the way most people paint up their forces. It seems the most common way is to paint a unit at a time. Well, at the moment i'm painting about 10 battalions from all eras! At the moment, i'm still painting the 8th Dutch Militia (that I started in June '07!).

Update: Clock watching at work. It's 20 minutes to go until the Easter break begins for me and i'm dreaming of sneaking in some mini painting. If I survive a night out with pregnant wifey and friends tonight... and once i've cleaned the oven with Mr MuscleTM and made a hole outside the house bigger (dont ask) tomorrow, I may, just may be able to paint the 8th Militia for a couple of hours.

Comments

James said…
Nah, I think most of us are "Swingers". I have 6 different 20mm armies (none of which are finished) which I flutter between like a butterfly, and about the same number of "serious" (ie expensive) 28mm projects and a few which were meant to be quick small ones....
thank God I now only do the two scales...
James said…
happy Easter by the way!
Dinium said…
It's good i'm not alone in biting off more than I can chew, what's a dream if you can't strive for it and enjoy the journey eh. Have a good Easter too mate.
Unknown said…
Hey from Spain I like a lot your pics and I would like to know How you are doing these ORBATS do you use a specific software???

Could I use that to build my armies.

Best Regards and thanks in advance.
Dinium said…
Hi Miguel. I'm a designer by trade, it enables me to put them together in photoshop and Quark Xpress. I use an illustrator filter on the pictures of the miniatures in Adobe Illustrator then put it all together in photoshop with the scroll background I found somewhere.
Quite a job but it helps me visualise what my units will contain and look like.

Popular Posts