Work in Progress (January 09)

Finally got round to working on the Sd Kfz 251/9 Stummel some more. There's no full pic of it here, as i'll put a new 'sheet' in for the Painting Guides section when the Stummel is complete. Although I think i've gone way over the top with the weathering on this vehicle, it was my first attempt at some armour and I don't profess to be an expert. Apparently, the red oxide primer that the Germans used as a protective undercoat for the steel was so good that bare steel was very rarely seen on the vehicles that were chipped etc, so oops there! Painting that tiny number plate was fun. I finished the main gun, and handpainted some insignia on it. Holding off on adding vehicle numbers on the side until i'm feeling tres confident!

Well under way with this Artizan Designs German with panzerfaust too. First go at splinter camo on the smock and i'm very pleased with that too. Really do like the Artizan figures, lovely details. Only slight critisism i'd say about them is they all have heavy jaws, but that's nit picking.

Comments

James said…
The weathering/chipping on the vehicle looks OK from what I can see, I look forward to seeing the full pics.
The splinter camo...WOW. Will you be sharing how you do that on a tutorial or something? That is great.
Dinium said…
Thanks for the comments James. I didn't think of posting how I did the smock. I'll put something together so you can see how I did it. Wasn't as scary as I thought it'd be to execute. The pattern could be tidied up, but guess i'll get it better on the next fig.

I think the most important thing to do is get the smock colours right and shaded before adding the patterns.

Popular Posts