Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Figometer Update (September 2008)

The nights are drawing in, and i've just had my first cold of the Autumn (always a nasty one), my chest has been rattling like a rusty old gate, better now though. Didn't stop me finishing the month 1 up on my target number of completed minis! 5 miniatures finished, thanks to last weekend's little spurt.

So am pleased with my efforts this last month. Spent quite some time on entries for competitions as well as working on a mix of different figure types, fantasy and historical. All round, a multifarious mix of camo schemes, drabs and Napoleonic colour flamboyance. Had a stab at Other Source Lighting too, an interesting way to work (in a good way). It makes you think about where the light would fall on the miniature and lots of colour blending involved too. I'll post it when it's finished.

1 comment:

James said...

Hi Dinium,

found you via Martin Stephenson's blog. I also keep a wargaming blog although have not played a game for over a year so mostly just try to keep my painting up.

Your Figometer is a charming idea. I been trying to work it out. I can understand it only going up to 8 figures, I don't get much time to paint either. But why is anything over 6 figures in the red zone? Does that mean you are in danger of neglecting some other area of your life?

Lol.