Helion and Back

Just when my time investment in miniatures is at an all time low, I discovered these little beauties (not my brushwork by the way) from a firm called Helion and Company (wargames.helion.co.uk). 1866 is a growing love of mine, probably because of its proximity - timewise - to the Franco-Prussian War. there are countless variants in this range and little details like captured water bottles make them even more appealing. The range is ever growing and the Austrians in greatcoats are something i'd like t have a brushstroke at.

yes, I have no time to paint anything, so why not add to the mountain with a new range and new period, ha ha ha. I think i'll get a test pack or two of these guys at some point.

I have had and got some time to paint over this week, so I will definitely be posting some results next week. The new lamp is working fine and I discovered the paints haven't dried up during my 3 month hiatus.

Incidentally, in none miniature land, our little girl Isla turned 6 months last week and is obsessed with wanting to walk, she bunny jumps and wriggles everywhere! And I recently discovered the joys of spoon feeding and its explosive messy outcome.

Enjoy the fireworks.

Comments

saxon dog said…
Looks like a great range of figures lot's of movement! I'll need to look closer at these figures. 1866 and FPW are also favourite periods of mine. Love your painting!
airhead said…
Hi Dinium, good to see you back blogging, come accross a blogg of a chap doing the Schleswig-Holstein war using the Helion figures, some very nice stuff. I'll see if I can find the link.

All the best

Airhead
Dinium said…
Thanks for your comments guys, the Helion range does look really good doesn't it. I hope they complete it fully. Saxon D, Your painting is an true inspiration, it's seeing stuff like yours that keeps me going to finish units.

Thanks for the welcome back airhead, I see you've been consistently busy, that fort looks very very cool. some great scenery coming on there!

Popular Posts