Januarys WIP


So here's evidence of my recent activity. I have a few old Citadel Dwarfs knocking about the painting desk and thought i'd paint one or two up for a change. I was happy with this guy, although maybe I wouldn't have painted the creases in the leather jerkin so dark if I painted him again. If you're interested, I used the Foundry Drab triad for the gambeson, with Black added to the A shade for the creases. I've also got on with the historical side too - painting these two Bavarians for my Franco-Prussian collection.

Its interesting during research to read several books and/or accounts of a subject, as while researching the Bavarians during the Franco-Prussian war, I discovered that some authors state the Bavarians were reluctant allies to the Prussians, performing without much zeal, others state the former, but also that the Bavarians' professionalism was such that they accounted themselves extremely well and fought with just as much doggedness and determination as Frenchman or German. these are opinions, mostly made after the event with whatever evidence there is left at hand. I suspect there is truth in all these viewpoints to a greater or lesser degree, but the important thing is you just can't beat thoroughly researching a subject.

Anyway, i'm starting to look forward to Salute 08 in April, I really do like to wander the arena, staring at everything and plotting what i'm going to buy to throw on my lead mountain. Like most of my ilk, I have a scrawled almost gibberish list of minis I think I must have (you know what I mean)...

Comments

CJP said…
I applauded Mr. Stunty over at SD, but thought I'd say so here as well as I just follwed your link. I like the fig-o-meter in the older posts. :)

Also, congrats to you and your lovely wife. I just did that this summer, pretty crazy, but fun (now that it's over ;) )

cheers,

blackfly
Anonymous said…
Dudek,

Nice blog updates.

You up for another painting session soon? Also, if Im not away with work be good to hook up for Salute in April. Maybe get Yorks to come along too. See you later for Film Club.

Wilson

Popular Posts